April 5, 2013

Welcome, friends!

Welcome to Twisted Vintage Textiles, a vintage blog with a modern twist!

Let me give you a little background about myself and my business. Contrary to popular belief, I'm not the type to wear head to toe vintage. Honestly, my 5 ft. 10 in. lanky self just can't pull it off like some of my wonderful clients can! However, I love mixing in a few timeless vintage pieces into my everyday wardrobe, whether it be a fabulous pair of deco earrings or a chic 1950s tweed jacket. And thus, my personal style was born. While I love to stay versed in current fashion trends, I truly believe that you can never go wrong with a few key vintage pieces. You know the saying 'What comes around goes around?' Wiser words have never been said because vintage will ALWAYS be in-style! From the beginning, my goal was to share my passion for vintage clothing and accessories, but in a modern, wearable way. I'll be honest, when I first opened up Twisted Vintage in 2010, I had absolutely no clue what I was getting myself into. Being a freshman in college, I literally thought, 'Oh, I'll just put a few things into a booth in this antique mall and call it a day.' Boy, was I wrong! To my surprise, the business took off like a wildfire and I haven't looked, or should I say had a chance to look back since. 

So now, the blog! I decided to start this blog on a whim. For the past three years, it has been my morning routine to peruse my seven or so 'daily reads' and take inspiration for my day in the form of fashion advice, a makeup tutorial, or even a few encouraging words or pictures. I love getting that little sneak peek into my favorite blogger's daily lives, and I hope that this blog will do the same for you! I want to share with you in my Twisted Vintage adventures, and whether that means updating you on my latest vintage clothing "hunt," advice on how to incorporate vintage into your own wardrobe, or just random pictures that I find inspiring, we'll just have to wait and see!

As I always like to say, Happy Hunting y'all!
xx, Mary Aubrey

No comments:

Post a Comment